Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Oct. 20

This is a heartfelt and sincere plea from a dear friend of mine, and a dear friend of Nichole.

This is a desperate plea for everyone to devote some time this week or
every day to pray for Nichole Greene. I've always known she has had an
immense tolerance for allot of pain but what she is dealing with now
seems close to inhumane torture. God is sustaining her in an amazing,
almost peculiar way, when one considers the onslaught of agonizing
procedures and mishaps she's been racked with. Besides the fact that
she is a mere skeleton with skin, nothing is working right in her
body. Where some may have the mercy of a concentrated area of pain/
discomfort, or a cohesion or some predictability of symptoms, she's
been granted an extension of utmost suffering.

Our Lord was despised and rejected by humankind; a man of sorrows and
acquainted with grief. In this world God is letting Nichole partake in
that likeness of Him. And my security is that one day
she will make up part of His treasured possession - she will be made
like Him. I wish all of you knew Nichole and what a treasure she is to
earthen vessels. Our God is good. The time that He is allowing for
her to go through this is serving as maybe her last opportunity to
strengthen the body, and indeed that is what He is doing.

Under the physical tortures of no sleep, pain medication that is
causing confusion, pain from surgeries and a body riddled with cancer
that cannot be masked by the medication, bags attached to her
everywhere, tubes through her nose to suck out vomit in her stomach,
and... much more...we have heard her mumble, "I can do all things
through Christ who strengthens me." Please pray for a continued inward
sanctuary of her mind that only God can provide. And please pray for God's will to be done quickly. I can
hardly understand the torture but I do maintain God is good in what He
is doing. She is His.

3 comments:

When a Picture Just Isn't Enough said...

I have been praying for her daily as I know that it has been bad, but I had no idea of the extent to which Nichole has been suffering. :( My heart is broken and I am so thankful that you have posted this, so that we can all know how to pray more specifically...and just more, period.

Cherie Baker Vann said...

Oh Nichole! I totally believe God can heal you, He delights to do miracles for His children!! I cannot understand the pain you are in, but I know God wants you to be pain-free and happy and blessed, and so I am praying for all of that, and that it comes quickly!! Much Love, Cherie

Julie Gebhards said...

We will be praying daily. I wish I was there to support you all, but know that God loves you and is caring for you and knows just what He is doing. I can't imagine the difficulty- but we are praying. For you, Norm, and the sweet kiddos as well. Much love to you all, Kurt and Julie