Friday, October 30, 2009

This is an exerpt from an e-mail sent today by Patti who has faithfully organized care for the Greenes.
She also includes (towards the end of the e-mail) some words that Nichole wanted to share with you today.

Sincerely,
Carina

Oswald Chamber's wrote
" All of God's people are ordinary people who have been made extraordinary by the purpose He has given them.  God is at work bending, molding, and doing exactly as He chooses. Why is He doing this? He is doing it for one purpose --that That He may be able to say " This is my man and this is my woman." We have to be in God's hand so that He can place others on the Rock, Jesus Christ, just as He has place us"
 
Our sweet Nichole is indeed extraordinary. She so desires for those at the hospital who have witness the service and the love of  body of Christ to be saved. By way of encouragement, she wanted me to tell you to continue to be a witness to those in the hospital. Your love for the Lord and care for Nichole has spoken volumes to those who are watching. She mentioned that there were a few persons who have expressed interested in visiting our church.  Praise God!  I was very blessed by her love for the Lord and her love for the lost. She is such a great testimony of grace. She also, wanted me to relay a message to all the caregivers spouses. Please pass this on to your sweethearts. She is so grateful for you sacrifice and support . She is aware that the sacrifice was very much yours as it was for your loved ones who served.  She is indeed grateful for your service. Thank you.
 

4 comments:

CPLawson said...

Nichole,
It has become obvious that you are soon to meet Your Creator. I am in essence saying goodbye to you as you enter into Heaven. Thank you so much for the purposeful life that you obediently lived in submission. I imagine it was not your lifelong desire to have experiemced the suffering you endured, but you willingly embraced the trial and chose to glorify God through it. Your legacy will live long after you depart this earth.
I was honored to have been present at the Sun Valley study witnessing when you and Norm first met. I happened to be sitting next to Norm and you and Rebecca Adrian came. You are choice people, and I am confident that Norm will be honoring God through his times of pain and sorrow when death parts you. God has wonderful plans. Thank you for being a godly testimonial example to me and to many others. Heavenly bliss to be enjoyed by you soon!
Grace Upon Grace,
Paul Lawson

starbucksgirl said...

Nichole,

I have been a friend of Paul Lawson's for many years and I saw his post this evening and I too wanted to say goodbye to you as you enter the presence of the one that has loved your soul from everlasting.

I am certain that you are aware that God will view your homecoming as precious and so I too rejoice in His love for you as He takes you home to be in His presence(Precious in the sight of the LORD Is the death of His godly ones...Psalm 116:15).

I look forward to worshipping Him with you one day blameless with great joy (and to make you stand in the presence of His glory blameless with great joy...Jude 1:24).

Much love to you,
Kelly Webster
(Sun Valley Bible Study 1991-1993)

Rachael Starke said...

Going to bed and praying for you, and your dear husband and dear children.

When a Picture Just Isn't Enough said...

Nichole,

I have been wanting to get to the hospital for so long to serve you in even the smallest way, and I have been continually prevented in doing so through either the kids being sick and/or Jeremy's work hours which prevent me from leaving my kiddos. It has been a continual sadness to me because I want to be there to serve you in any way possible - selfishly, because I want to see you and tell you in person that I have grown to love you so much in the short time that I have known you. Though I have seen you at and around church for years in the high school group, baby nursing room, etc., I really only had the privilege of getting to know you before TMK started last year. Yet in that short time, and even in that first evening of conversation, it felt as though I had known you for years and the Lord has used you to make a gigantic impact upon my life. I have honestly been changed just by knowing you, as the Lord has caused me to love Him even more and to know Him better as a result of all that He has done in and through your life. I praise Him for that.

Jeremy and I are praying continually for you, Norm, and the kids. I am praying specifically that the Lord would provide relief from your indescribable physical pain, and that He would continue to grant deep comfort and joy to you and Norm through these incredibly difficult times - that your time together will be sweet and memorable. We are praying for an extra measure of His grace for both of you, and that He would draw others to Himself through that.

I still hope to see you, yet I have been blessed to see that your care calendar is overflowing with those who want to serve you. I don't want to go to just be a body in the way - I want to be of use. So if there isn't an opening that I can grab, please know that I truly love you and am praying for you continually. And know that whenever the Lord takes you home, we will not cease to pray for (and seek to serve and encourage) Norm and the children. I am still praying for your healing - selfishly hoping for an earthly healing, but knowing without a doubt that the Lord WILL heal you whether it is here on earth, or perfectly in Heaven.

You are a treasure, Nichole!

Love,
Laina