Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Oct. 14

Another testimonial of God's grace written by a friend of Nichole's.

As you know, I was just with Nichole yesterday. My heart came away heavy with many thoughts and emotions, but two things prevailed... Our Lord is good and my love for my dear sister continues to grow! She's a brave, strong soldier who takes no credit for herself. In the midst of her minute by minute pain management struggle, she managed to asked me how my family was doing and how I was doing! She does not demand. She acts with kindness. She is polite and says "thank you" often. She even showed some humor! She asked me to help her w/ some leg exercises, and after a while she was concerned with ME and told me to please not "hurt myself!" I'm the healthy one, I am the helper and her concern is not for herself but for me! Nichole may be quiet but her thoughts are right on, and when it comes to things that pertain to the Lord, she is sharp! Her love and devotion for the Lord continue to be fervently on fire. Nichole asks for little but you come away with so much. You come away in awe of her strength, which is the Lord's. You come away in awe of her faith, given to her by the Lord. You come away a bit more sanctified than when you first walked in... Knowing that we have NOTHING to complain about and EVERYTHING to be thankful for. The Lord in His infinite knowledge has allowed Nichole to go through this fiery trial, and I shake my head often and think how much I (along w/ many) are being sanctified and convicted by watching our dear sister fight with all she's got. I continue to pray for her family... Her husband, her kids, her mom and dad who all ache as they watch her suffer so much physical pain. I continue to pray for a miracle, that our Lord will make her whole again.

Blessing on this beautiful rainy day!

No comments: