Friday, July 24, 2009

Prayer Requests for July 24

Nichole met with the surgeon who is going to perform the surgery to correct her urinary tract and colon problems. This surgery will also determine if cancer is present. Please pray that it is not. Please also pray for a painless recovery from this complicated surgery. So complicated is this surgery, and so many uncertainties are involved, that Nichole has been feeling discouraged, and has found it difficult to think rightly in the midst of it all. Nichole spends much time lying in bed, and feelings of uselessness come over her. She tries to fight these feelings and remind herself that she can serve God on earth the same way the saints serve Him in Heaven-by adoring Him, worshiping Him, and giving Him praise for being worthy. Please pray that these reminders will be effectual, and that she will know and feel that her life is not in vain.

2 comments:

Cherie Baker Vann said...

Nichole, I totally understand how you are feeling. I wasn't even ill and I had a season of feeling useless. We want to do so much more than we are able to sometimes. But that's just Satan's lie - we are exactly where we are meant to be, doing exactly what we were meant to do - not sure why sometimes :) but God does. I will pray for His love to just come over you to help you not worry. So much easier said than done, though, but I will pray!!

Cherie Baker Vann said...

PS - I also meant to add that it helped me realize it was just a season - that it wouldn't always be this way! I am praying this season for you goes quickly!!

Love, Cherie