Monday, February 16, 2009

Just wanted to add a little bit of info... Nichole spent Friday night at the hospital after her fever and pain would not subside. She had a CAT scan done, and both her kidneys are enlarged. This could be caused by several things, but chances are she will need another extensive surgery in the near future to deal with the problem. She came home this afternoon (Saturday); the fever is down but she still doesn't feel very well (nausea etc). Keep praying!!
--Shawni

I spoke with Nichole last night (this is Julie) and she will be having surgery at USC sometime this week, it looks like.

She also told me that she won't likely be receiving blood from the Encino-Tarzana Medical Center, so it would be better if you could donate at St. Joseph's Hospital (in Burbank) or even down at USC at the Norris Center, where she will have surgery. Again, Nichole is A+, but would like to encourage any of you to donate blood on her behalf since she feels like she has used up some of the blood bank...

Nichole is so appreciative of the support she has received from the Body of Christ as a whole. Last night she commented that there are people that she doesn't even know who are sending her cards, gifts, and supporting their family through this difficult time. She is conscious of the Lord's providential hand through this trial, and I would say that it is largely due to the support she feels through the body of Christ.

Shawni, I also wanted to encourage you. Nichole has said to me several times that she doesn't know where they would be without you. Your service to their family has meant so much to her, and has been an incredible blessing since it is done with such a sweet spirit and willing heart. The sacrifice you are making to serve them will reap eternal rewards. Those kids are so blessed to have you there consistently loving them and caring for them. You are making such a difference to the Greene family as a whole and I am personally thankful to you because I see how much Nichole is able to rest at ease knowing that when she is unable, you are there loving and taking care of her kids. Their trust in you is without hesitation and complete. You are certainly playing such an important role in their lives right now. I pray that your soul is satisfied in the Lord through your service to them!

2 comments:

Shawni said...

Thanks so much for the encouragement Julie, that really means a lot to me. I definitely don't feel very confident in my ability to do a good job (esp because I've never had kids!! lol) but the Lord has been good to hold my hand and guide me through the tough moments. I'm so blessed to be able to be part of their family for a while.

Bostonchic said...

Hi Julie... My name is Norma McBride. Does Nichole still need blood donations at St. Josephs in Burbank? Please let me know at mcbride.family@yahoo.com Thank you.