Sunday, September 13, 2009

Some joyful news

Several more people have enlisted in the Lord's army by volunteering to help Nichole fight in this war against cancer. Nichole is much encouraged by this, and, I can't say for sure that it is directly related, but Nichole's heart rate has stabilized significantly. There are still needs, though. Nichole really needs help in the morning hours (8am-12pm) when breakfast is served, and all the doctors come a'pokin' and a'proddin'. The overnight shift, though difficult to do, is very necessary and helpful. From 9pm-8am is the time when Nichole gets most confused about exact hours that she needs to know, and she really needs someone there to help her keep track of things.

Thank you so much to all who have helped in the past, and to those who have yet to help. Your service to Nichole does not go unseen to God. "If you help one of mine in my name, you have helped me", says Jesus "and your reward is in Heaven."

2 comments:

chef sue said...

I give thanks to my God always for you because of the grace of God that was given you in Christ Jesus, that in every way you were enriched in him in all speech and all knowledge-- even as the testimony about Christ was confirmed among you -- so that you are not lacking in any spiritual gift, as you wait for the revealing of our Lord Jesus Christ, who will sustain you to the end, 1Co 1:4 -8

I had the privilege to stay with Nichole last night. I was unaware of the Lord’s plans to have me stay into the wee hours of the morning, having only signed up until 9pm. It was time well spent with a dear sister in need and many conversations with our Lord. Although it was difficult, I was encouraged and strengthened by the Lord and reminded any discomforts were merely temporal as are Nichole's afflictions. Please pray she will be sent home soon to be near her family, who she misses dearly. And pray for the body of Christ not to weary in serving the Greene's.

And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up. Gal 6:9

Carina said...

Susan- Thank you for the encouraging scripture you wrote out and for praying for Nichole while you were there with her. I too spent the night with Nichole, and I have to say that it was a spiritually encouraging time and life changing. God has been and is using our sweet friend Nichole's life and trial to draw others to Him. I really saw my need to cling to Him, to depend on Him more - I don't do that enough- so often I go at it on my own puny strength. Nichole is a living, breathing testimony and exhortation to cling to Jesus. All the time.

Norm is that testimony too!