Wednesday, December 17, 2008

PRAY

I spoke with Nichole last week for quite a while, and was encouraged. I was challenged by my own selfishness too- I was shocked at how I had distanced myself from her situation. Some of it was circumstancial- the busyness of Christmas, tiredness of pregnancy, etc., but I had become comfortable being distant. Watching someone go through a trial like this is really no fun. It can be an occasion for real joy, when the perspective is set right, but it is difficult, no less. It was difficult for me to re-open the communication, and I was immediately sobered by her situation, and my hardness. Wow. How sinful a creature I am. How selfish to think of "my difficulty" in light of Nichole! I am so thankful that there are so many wrapping their arms around this family, and certainly the Lord is working despite my distance. I want to reach out again and do what I can (limited as I am) to bless this family and lift them up through this painful and desperate trial. Please consider giving of yourself to help them even through the busyness of Christmas. Their trial is no less burdensome through the Holidays. Here is an update I received today from Sue.

Please be praying for Nichole, She has been admitted to St. Joseph's hospital today.
Because of the infection they are planning to surgically remove the stint tomorrow morning. (which they believe is the cause of the infection)
She will most likely stay in the hospital until Friday or Saturday. Please be praying for her and Doctors.

3 comments:

Paisley said...

Julie, thank you for your openess. live's do become busy and that is our trial in the busyness of our world to find time to share with others, while bringing glory to God. i had a blessing as i rearranged my Wenesday's schedule for, what i thought was a task which turned into a blessing to me. there was a need for childcare so I accepted the challenge. What a blessing to be with the Greene children.they were such a joy and never a task. God blessed our day together.

Cherie Baker Vann said...

praying!! julie let yourself off the hook :) you are a great gal and do so much for so many people! praying, please keep us posted on how she does!! also, do they need anything for Christmas??

Jeanine said...

I remember Nichole from Working Disciples and I'm very saddened to hear about her cervical cancer. My mom currently has pancreatic cancer and I know what a difficult battle it is. I also know the blessings that God continually bestows on those who hope in Him. I will be praying for Nichole. Please let me know if there is anything I can do. My email is Jeanine_Mathis@yahoo.com